In the colder months, we all try to avoid that dreaded winter coat from appearing in light of too much sweets whilst rugged up on the couch. Never fear – we have 8 tips to beat your sugar cravings
1. Make it easier to yourself later and don’t buy high-calorie sweets or other treats as part of the weekly shop. Stock up on blueberries to nibble on instead.
2. Exercise is also a good way to improve mood. Go for a walk instead of having ice cream. In addition, exercise stimulates brain chemicals that help you feel happier.
3. Sugar cravings will lessen if you reduce the amount of food you eat each day. So if you are borderline overweight or overweight – try cutting back. Conversely, the more weight you gain, the worse the sugar craving can potentially become.
4. Eat breakfast! skipping breakfast is a sure-fire way to stimulate sugar cravings.
5. Limit yourself to just one piece of fruit a day. Avoid very sweet fruits, like oranges.
6. Stay away from fruit juice and alcohol and avoid sugar or honey in drinks.
7. Chromium picolinate is a mineral that studies have shown may reduce carbohydrate cravings.
8. Most importantly, keep your meals simple and make sure you eat plenty of protein. Eat regular meals, including protein, several times daily.