This speedy veggie curry from Kallø can be on the table in a jiffy – perfect when you need to eat in a hurry!
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 6 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 Kallø Organic Vegetable Stock Pot, dissolved in 300ml boiling water
- 2-3 tbsp curry paste (to taste)
- 1 tsp sugar (white or brown)
- 480g cooked chickpeas (2 tins, drained weight)
- 2 large heads of spring greens, stalks discarded and finely sliced (or dark green cabbage) (250g prepared weight)
- 200g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A little fresh coriander
- Lemon wedges
- Plain rice to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the shallots over a medium heat for around 5 minutes until they are softened and starting to colour a little.
Add the garlic and fry for a further minute before pouring in the coconut milk and stock, stirring well to mix.
2. Stir through the curry paste, sugar and chickpeas. Bring up to the boil, season with a little salt and pepper, cover with a lid and simmer steadily for 10 minutes.
3. Add the greens and tomatoes, stirring well to coat them in the sauce. Re-cover with the lid and cook for a further 5-8 minutes, or until the greens are tender but with a little bite. Serve sprinkled with coriander and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Plain rice is the perfect accompaniment to this meal!
Kallø Organic Vegetable, Chicken and Beef stock cubes come in packs of six, with an RRP of $3.89. Now available nationwide from health stores, specialty foods stores and selected New World, Pak’ n save and Four-Square supermarkets. Kallø is a UK-based food brand that makes feel-good food from simple, delicious ingredients. It believes that you can eat with pleasure knowing your Kallø products have been made with your health in mind. Free from nasties, Kallø promises to make it easy to eat healthy.