- 300ml coconut milk (full fat, organic)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or any other sweetener of your choice e.g. honey, rice malt syrup, coconut nectar etc)
- 1 cup nuts and seeds (I used a mix of almonds, walnuts, cashews, sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup 100 per cent peanut butter (or use any nut butter e.g. almond butter)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Dole bananas sliced
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat the coconut milk on medium heat until it boils. Reduce to a simmer and whisk in the maple syrup. Leave to simmer for about 20 minutes until it reduces down.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the nuts, seeds, coconut and salt. Add the dates, vanilla, peanut butter and coconut oil and pulse to combine.
- Press the base into a lined baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Layer the cooked base with sliced banana, chocolate chips and then cover with the coconut caramel.
- Bake again for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the bench top then place in the fridge to cool down completely before slicing.
Makes approx 16 pieces