I’ve snuck in banana peel here to add the extra nutrients of vitamin B6 and B12, as well as magnesium and potassium. Just make sure the bananas are washed and super ripe resulting in a sweeter flavour. For a vegan option feel free to use almond or coconut milk in place of dairy.
- 2 medium bananas, washed, unpeeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 cups regular or almond milk
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp raw honey
Add all ingredients to a blender or smoothie maker and blitz in high-speed until completely smooth.
Divide mixture between 2 glasses and top with extra banana if you wish.
For more recipes, visit dolenz.co.nz