The New Zealand Cider Festival is back again, with bigger and bolder plans to treat Kiwis to more mouth-watering ciders from around the country. Good is proud to be a sponsor of this event, which will also feature industry speakers, talented Kiwi musicians, local artisan food and fun for the whole family.
Nelson produces 60 per cent of the country’s cider, and now more than one in four New Zealand consumers include cider amongst their shopping. However, a third of Kiwis have never tried cider – a statistic the festival hopes to change with their offering in one handy and very scenic central location.
What to expect at this year's festival:
- This year’s festival coincides with the New Zealand Cider Awards on November 3. Festival goers can head along to sample the winning drops and hear wine and beverages writer, Yvonne Lorkin talk with the 2017 award winners, discussing what made them the best in their class.
- Listen to the story of Zeffer Cider Co from its head cider maker Jody Scott. Zeffer was recently voted The World’s Best Cider at the 2017 International Brewing & Cider Awards in London.
- Make your own cider cocktails with Nick Widley from local restaurant Cod & Lobster Brasserie
- Giant jenga and other friendly activities in the kids activation zone
Sustainability is a huge focus for the event, with organisers pushing for a zero-waste 2017 event, which includes using compostable or recyclable containers and souvenir glasses for festival goers.
Win a weekend trip to The New Zealand Cider Festival
Good and The New Zealand Cider Festival have an incredible prize pack to be won, including:
- Return flights to Nelson from anywhere in New Zealand
- Two nights’ accommodation in Nelson (November 3 and 4, 2017)
- A double pass to The New Zealand Cider Festival
- A massage for two at Erban Spa
- Dinner vouchers to the value of $150 at The Cod and Lobster Brasserie
- Two tickets to the World of WearableArt and Classic Cars Museum
To enter, visit good.net.nz/competitions