Having a reusable drink bottle is one of those things that seems like a quick and easy fix to help make a difference for the planet. But how often are we reaching for a single-use plastic bottle of water from the store rather than investing in a long-term option? Here are five great reasons to switch from that one timer to a permanent bottle solution.
- Having a good reusable drink bottle would help eliminate large amounts of carbon dioxide from being released into the atmosphere every year from bottling water.
- Reusable bottles provide a quick and easy way to stay hydrated while keeping excessive plastic out of landfills and protecting marine life.
- Put a stop to oil use! Oil is used in the manufacture of single-use plastic bottles. The process of mining oil can release it into environmental areas where it can cause damage and harm wildlife.
- Using a reusable bottle can also benefit your health. Many single-use water bottles contain BPA and are made from PET plastic, which have been connected to health issues when used for prolonged periods of time.
- If you consume the recommended eight glasses of water per day from bottled water, this could get quite expensive. If you instead fill up your bottle from the tap, this cost is significantly lower, and the water is already filtered at your local water treatment plant.
If you’re thinking about investing in a reusable bottle, consider the positive impact it will have on the environment. There’s a wide range of designs and aesthetics readily available now to suit your preferences too, it’s never been easier to own one.