Cordis Auckland's Mary Poppins Returns inspired High Tea menu will take you, your family and friends on a culinary journey that conjures up childhood memories as the magical nanny returns. Cordis Auckland’s Executive Chef Volker Marecek and Executive Pastry Chef Callum Liddicoat present treats inspired by a modern interpretation of the classic – from flying kites to animated penguins, a mirror reflection with a mind of its own and some curious steps back in time.
Items that are sure to surprise and delight High Tea connoisseurs include:
- The Penguins are back (Fermented cucumber, tomato water, mint gel)
- Magee and Rob (Spinach pancake filled with egg mousse and watercress)
- Everything is Possible (Milk roll with zucchini ribbons, sundried tomato pesto with feta cheese)
- Gazing at the Lovely London Sky (Chicken & apricot pie, leek salad)
- A New Story to Tell (Strawberry consommé, popping candy, strawberry jelly)
- Up, Up and Away (Roasted blood plum mousse, chocolate sable, plum glaze, blackberry caviar)
A special tea has been concocted to complement the menu (Combination of fairy tale tea and hibiscus tea brewed overnight and sweetened with lychee juice).
Beautifully presented and served on a stylish three tier stand, sandwiches and a serving of fluffy scones with artisan jam and clotted cream complete the experience, along with your choice of teas or coffees as recommended by Cordis' Tea Sommelier.
Mary Poppins Returns High Tea at Cordis Auckland is available from December 28 to January 31 2019.
The Lobby Lounge, Lobby Level, Cordis, Aucklan, 83 Symonds Street, Grafton.
Pricing: Monday - Friday | NZ$64 per adult and NZ$38 per child under 12 years
Saturday, Sundays & Public Holidays | NZ$74 per adult and NZ$48 per child under 12 years.
Seatings: Mon – Sat: 11:30 am | 2:30 pm. Sun: 11:30 am | 2:00 pm | 4:30 pm