Knowing what you’re applying to your skin and how it affects the environment is an important factor to take into consideration when creating a skincare regime that works for you. Au Natural Skinfood have thoroughly thought about this when creating their skincare range, and they’ve not only factored this into the ingredients, but they’ve also made sure their packaging is conscious as well.
Tracy Ahern, co-founder of Au Natural Skinfood, says, “Skincare and beauty packaging contribute to the devastating plastic pollution threatening our planet. The carbon footprint linked to its production and the amount of plastic waste are high. Whereas other skincare companies have largely ignored the packaging challenge, Au Natural saw this as an opportunity for innovation with the chance to make a difference. The Au focus was quickly refined, the team was extended, and the #AuNaturalRevolution for a more conscious concept of skincare began.”
Au Natural Skinfood’s core products all come in reusable aluminium containers that are refillable through plant-based eco-refills. The team is currently working on a compostable version of the eco-refills.
“It’s proven quite difficult to find a material that doesn’t compost once in contact with wet goods such as skincare products. The next best option was the material we are currently using – a pouch made for the 85 per cent of corn starch or sugarcane, totally recyclable and made from annually renewable resources. The production is also carbon negative,” Ahern explains.
Let’s meet Au Natural Skinfood’s best sellers and what’s inside each one:
- Ingredients include New Zealand naturally derived harakeke seed oil, moringa oil, lakesis and an entry level of Retinol.
- It’s vegan certified.
- Moisturises, lifts and plumps your skin, helping to minimise the signs of ageing.
- It’s a dry oil that absorbs perfectly to leave the skin soft with no oil residue.
- It’s also great for oily skins, as it hydrates while neutralising and slowing down the production of sebum.
- Ingredients include natural New Zealand avocado oil, ribrose and a selection of berry extracts.
- It’s vegan certified.
- Clinically formulated to help your skin generate a high quantity of new, stronger cells, while taking care of the delicate skin under the eye.
- The abundance of quality antioxidants, emollients and tonic elements keep your skin looking and feeling young and healthy.
- The thin texture allows its ingredients to sink in the dermal layer whilst acting fast on damaged skin.
- Both rich in Active 16+ Manuka Honey.
- AM ingredients include New Zealand ponga fern and grape seed extract.
- PM ingredients include New Zealand pure Bee Venom.
- Both products are vegetarian certified.
- They work in synergy to take care of all skin types, morning and night.
- AM nourishes and plumps the skin, while keeping its natural moisture and balance. It works wonders as a foundation primer.
- PM Night Crème promotes skin cell regeneration while you sleep and is designed to balance all skin types.
- PM Night Crème will actively feed your skin, heal, reduce irritation, repair and restore your skin while giving it new life.
- On The Go is vegan approved.
- The inclusion of SPF25 sunscreen is ideal for everyday protection and it’s oil free and non-comedogenic, meaning that it does not clog pores and lead to blemishes.
- It absorbs excess oil, reduces redness and improves the appearance of skin.
- It provides light coverage in three shades (light, medium and dark), and works perfectly for make-up touch-up during the day.
- It’s paraben-, dye- and fragrance-free, and Au Natural avoided using ingredients such as parabens, petroleum jelly and silicone.
Head over to aunaturalskinfood.com to see the full range of skincare products.