Following on from the devastating Rana Plaza garment factory collapse in 2013, Fashion Revolution has been supporting the movement towards a more ethical and sustainable fashion industry. Held from 20 – 26 April 2020, here are seven ways to get involved in Fashion Revolution Week from home:
1. Learn about fair trade and ethical manufacturing tonight at 7pm via an Instagram Live with Kowtow and Fairtrade.
2. Bring attention to the lack of transparency within a brand’s supply chain and unacceptable working conditions on social media by asking brands #whomademyclothes.
3. Learn about the problem of mass consumption and possible solutions via a livestream of Fashion Question Time, where an esteemed panel of speakers will follow a BBC Question Time format.
4. Donate to non-profit organisations that are providing support to the millions of garment makers that have lost their jobs. Fashion Revolution recommends supporting the AWAJ Foundation, The Garment Worker Centre, GoodWeave International, the World Fair Trade Organisation or CARE.
6. Educate yourself about industry sustainability by signing up to Fashion Revolution’s free course, FASHION’S FUTURE; The Sustainable Development Goals.
7. Inspire others to consume less and love their clothes forever by sharing a piece of clothing on social media with the hashtag #lovedclotheslast.