Good’s Best of Natural Awards Terms and conditions.
- The Awards
- The awards (“Awards”) is conducted by Image Centre Limited (ICG) of 19 Lyon Ave, St Lukes, Auckland, New Zealand (the “Promoter.”)
- The Awards will be conducted Nationwide.
- Awards registration opens at midday on 26thNovember 2019 and ends at midnight on 22nd January 2020 (“Entry Period”).
- Entry requirements
- All products entering must meet HealthPost’s Better Choices Promise criteria for what a truly natural product should be, namely:No harmful chemicals, No environmental toxins, No animal testing, No greenwashing, Sunscreens must be independently tested.
- Additionally, no ingredients can be used that are specifically named in the Healthpost “red list”, listed below:
8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate/ Oxyquinoline Sulfate
Alpha isomethyl ionone
Artificial Sweeteners – First generation (saccharin, aspartame, cyclamate)
Bronopol/2-brono-2-nitropropane-1,3- diol /1,3-propanediol
Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA)
Ceteareth-60 / Myristyl Glycol
Deet N, N-Diethyl-meta-toluamide
Dibutyl phthalate, Dibutyl Ester 1, 2
Ethyl-hexyl p-methoxycinnamic acid/ Octyl methoxycinnamate/Octinoxate
Fluoride (except tissue salts)
High Fructose Corn Syrup
Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde / Lyral
Microbeads (polyethylene (PE), polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), nylon,polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and polypropylene (PP))
Oxybenzone / Benzophenone-3
PABA (4-aminobenzoic acid) (in skin care only)
Parabens – isopropyl, butyl, isobutyl, ethyl, methyl, propyl
Phthalate containing Fragrances, Dibutyl phthalate, Dibutyl Ester 1,2-
PEGs (Polyethylethlene Glycol group)
Retinyl palmitate, (Vitamin A Palmitate) (in skin care only)
Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS)/ Sodium laureth sulfate / Coco lauryl sulfate
Stearalkonium chloride – petroleum sourced
iii. Awards Entry
- Entry to the Awards constitutes acceptance of the awards structure
- There is no entry fee to enter the awards
- The Awards is only open to Eligible Products (see Entry requirements above)
- A maximum of 10 entries per brand is allowed.
- To submit an entry, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period, visit https://good.net.nz/static/best-of-natural-awards.htmland complete all requested details.
- At the time of submitting their entry, each Eligible Entrant also:
- Consents to the creation of related content and to the Promoter’s publishing in all media relevant information included in the entry to promote the Awards during and after the term of the Promotion if required by the Promoter.
The Best of Natural Awards will be judged on a combination of ingredients, ethics, performance, creativity, ingenuity, sustainability and socially responsible business practices.
The winner for each award category will receive extensive coverage for their coveted status of being ‘the best in natural’, reaching over 350,000 conscious consumers through the combined databases of Good Magazine and HealthPost, including:
- Print reach Good Magazine
- Digital reach Good Magazine
- Print reach HealthPost (Healthy Posting)
- Digital reach HealthPost
- All entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any delivery service or equipment.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any entries that are late, misdirected or lost and takes no responsibility for any entries not correctly lodged through the website or if the winner cannot be contacted due to incorrect contact details being recorded on the entry form.
- Eligible Entrants are not licensed to use the intellectual property, image, name, brand or other property of the Promoter or the sponsor Healthpost NZ, except as expressly provided for in this Agreement or otherwise in writing by the relevant party.
- All entries to the Awards may be subject to verification and confirmation by the Promoters. An entrant MUST deliver to the Promoter (by a means determined by the Promoter) copies of any documents the Promoter may request establishing: (i) eligibility to enter or win; The Promoter may make one or more requests for such documents. Once the identity of documents available is established, an entrant must deliver requested copies within 7 days of being asked to do so. At the Promoter’s request, an entrant MUST also, within 7 days of being asked, allow the Promoter to inspect and copy the original of any such document.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an entrant’s entry to be invalid if the entrant: (i) fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Awards to the Promoters’ satisfaction; (ii) fails to produce items as required or produces items that, in the Promoter’s opinion, are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; (iii) in the Promoter’s opinion, tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or (iv) in the Promoters’ opinion, submits an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions.
- If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Awards is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Awards.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Awards; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering of this Awards (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise).
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS AWARDS MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE, INTERFERENCE OR UNDERMINING.
- All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the “Relevant Parties”), ICG, Healthpost NZ and their directors and employees, exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Awards or Prize, including: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; (iii) any liability for personal injury or death.
- The winners consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image, any images or information submitted on the Awards Website and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Awards, the Promoters and/or any of the Promoters’ products. The Promoter may use such items during and after the term of the Promotion and for any purpose. The winner consents to ICG and Healthpost NZ using their name and image on their respective company sites and Facebook pages for the duration of the Promotion and 6 months following the Promotions for the advertising and marketing purposes. No proofs will be provided of said materials before publication of content.
- Entrants’ personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Awards and publicise its winners.
- The personal information of each winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the Awards, including the Awards administrator. Persons may contact the Promoter at the address in condition 1 to request access to, or corrections of, any of their collected personal information that is held by the Promoter. If an entrant does not provide accurate personal information or fails to respond to communications from the Promoter within 14 days, the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter or edit the Terms and Conditions if required due to unforeseen circumstances at any time.