This article is brought to you by HMD Global to coincide with the launch of the Nokia 1.3.
We may be moving to Level 2 on Thursday, and back to school on Monday, but many are still wary of socialising face-to-face given we are not yet out of the COVID-19 woods.
This is especially frustrating for younger children, particularly when they’re missing out on playdates, playing sports, and other after-school activities.
With this in mind, here are some ideas for helping your child stay in touch and entertained:
- Start a virtual book club – your child and their friends can start a book club and discuss what they’re reading with Google Duo.
- Start a photo diary – share a photo day with friends or family. Not only will this keep their loved ones up-to-date but your child will be able to look back on these too.
- Set a challenge – perhaps it’s painting an artwork or building a robot, set a challenge for your child and their friend to complete and share results with videos or photos.
- Call a friend a day – it’s easy to lose contact when you don’t see friends in the playground or at team sport so set-up virtual playdates on Google Duo and do an activity together such as baking or even just a movie night.
- Get active – encourage your child to learn a new soccer skill, skateboard trick or master a handstand; share photos or videos of their accomplishment with their friends.
All of these activities are made possible with the Nokia 1.3, a safe and secure device for your child. Its features include:
- Google Duo – pre-loaded on the device, Google Duo has the ability to bring together up to 12 people on a group call so catching-up has never been easier.
- Camera Go – takes beautiful photos without needing to worry about speed or storage, the clean and simple interface is also perfect for first-time smartphone users.
- Gallery Go – gives the ability to manage and share photos easily.
- Strong shell – designed with a touch polycarbonate shell, the device will be protected from any roughs and bumps.
The Nokia 1.3 in Charcoal is available online from leading retailers including Spark, Skinny, Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, The Warehouse, Warehouse Stationery and JB Hi-Fi for the impressively low cost of $169 RRP from Friday 8 May, and in store as retail outlets re-open.