This gorgeous keto chocolate mousse has all the deliciousness without the guilt.
- 5 tbsp WāHiki Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 can of full fat coconut cream
- 1 tbsp coconut milk or 1 tbsp maple syrup instead of the coconut milk and stevia
- 1 tsp stevia
- 3 tbsp organic raw cocao powder (not cocoa)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
What to do
- Place the can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight then open and scoop the top layer of hardened coconut cream off the top (usually about half the can will be the cream then the bottom half will be coconut water).
- Place into a blender with the WāHiki ice cream, coconut milk or maple syrup, stevia (if not using maple syrup), cacao powder (I use cacao not cocoa as it has more health benefits – think much higher antioxidants, iron and magnesium – and a lighter fresher flavour) and vanilla essence.
- I also used a vanilla pod and scraped the vanilla seeds out for a little extra vanilla flavour.
- Blend until well combined and smooth. If its not blending well then add a tiny bit more coconut milk or maple syrup.
- Once well blended scoop into a nice glass or dish and place in fridge for at least a couple of hours.
- Optional extra to add a nice edible flower on top or a drizzle of maple syrup.
Note: If you use maple syrup the recipe is no longer keto.
Share the love