The elegant and secret dinner party returns to Auckland.
For the past 30 years the Le Diner en Blanc has been an annual event in Paris. People would gather by word of mouth, dress entirely in white and bring everything they need for an elegant dinner, including their own fold out table and chairs and a gourmet picnic dinner.
In recent years Kiwis have followed suit, holding a beautiful, elegant and secret dinner party in Auckland city. This year’s Le Diner en Blanc event is to be held on 23 March at a secret location in Auckland. There are three phases to participating in this event. Phase one is for members from last year; phase two is for new members referred by those in phase one. Phase three is for people who sign up to the waiting list.
There are a few rules for those attending Le Diner en Blanc:
- Attendance is mandatory, rain or shine.
- The dress code of elegant and white must be adhered to.
- The table setting you bring along must be all white.
- The event will only have champagne or wine available to reserve — no beer or liquor allowed (and don’t bring your own alcohol).
- You’ll meet at a designated departure location and you’ll be escorted to the secret location, so that it remains a secret.
- Take everything you brought with you home with you. Leave no rubbish behind.
During the evening, guests will eat and celebrate amid live music and dancing. It’s a beautiful occasion to really show off your unique fashion and design style. Keen to be involved in this year’s event? Register your interest now