Highlighting the special place that ‘fush’ has in the nation’s heart, iconic fish shop Mangonui Fish Shop has been rebranded to the Mangonui Fush Shop for a limited time. The rebrand is led by Best Foods mayo in a bid to drive awareness around eating local Kaimoana following a drop in seafood export revenue in the wake of the global pandemic. The Mangonui Fush Shop has created a selection of a limited-edition dishes for visitors to try that have been made with Best Foods mayo. Check out this gorgeous recipe for Pineapple Fish Tacos with Jalapeño Mayo!
MAKES: 10 tacos
- ½ cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups pineapple pieces
- 2 red capsicums, diced
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 600g firm white fish
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbs cooking oil
- 10 small tortillas
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Place the Best Foods mayonnaise, chopped jalapeños and 1 tbsp of lemon juice into a small bowl or jar. Stir to combine.
- Place pineapple, capsicum, red onion and coriander into a bowl and mix to combine. Season salsa to taste with up to 2 tbsp lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add smoked paprika, cumin seeds, oregano and chilli flakes to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Cut the fish into 10 strips and place into the bowl and fold to coat fish evenly.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and once hot, add the fish in a single layer (cook in batches if required). Cook fish for 2 minutes per side until golden.
- While fish is cooking, heat a dry frying pan over high heat and warm tortillas one at a time for 20 seconds per side.
- To assemble: place a warmed tortilla onto a plate, add a few slices of avocado, a piece of fish, top with pineapple salsa, and spoon over jalapeño mayo.