These raw peanut butter caramel cups by Chantal Organics are a healthier take on a snickers bar!
A “nougat” biscuit cup is filled with the creamiest peanut butter salted caramel and topped with roasted peanuts and a drizzle of melted dark chocolate.
1 cup cashews
1 cup Chantal Organics Desiccated Coconut
1/4 cup Chantal Organics Rice Syrup
1/4 tsp Sea Salt Fine
2 tbsp Chantal Organics Coconut Oil, melted
4 Tbsp Chantal Organics Salted Caramel Peanut Butter
10 medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup Chantal Organics Coconut Cream
1/2 tsp Sea Salt Fine
250g dark chocolate
1/2 cup Chantal Organics Peanuts Roasted
- Place the cashews into a food processor and blend until they resemble biscuit crumbs. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until the mixture comes together.
- Divide the mixture between 6 holes of a muﬃn pan (or 12 mini muﬃn holes) and with wet hands press in firmly to create a cup. Place the cups into the freezer to set.
- While the cups are setting, roast the peanuts in a 160ºC oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool and then roughly chop into pieces.
- To make the filling place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the filling into the cups and smooth the tops. Top with the chopped peanuts and press them into the caramel.
- Melt the dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl over a pan of steaming water. Drizzle the chocolate over the peanuts then return the cups to the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- To serve, remove the cups from the muﬃn pan either by popping out if using a silicone pan, or using a small knife to ease them out of a tin.
For more recipes from Chantal Organics including ingredients inspired by Mother Nature, visit their website here, and find a Chantal Organics stockist here.
Chantal Organics have been quietly working alongside nature for over 40 years. Their range of delicious & nutritious foods make it easy for you to enjoy the unrivalled goodness & taste of organic food that only nature can create. Preservative & GMO free.