If you could make a bucket list with 15 things to tick off what would they be? And what is stopping you from getting started? Here’s some suggestions to get going – now!
There’s no time like the present to make a list with a bunch of things you’d like to do, skills you’d like to master, sights you’d like to see. Here are 15 suggestions you might like to add and get going with!
1. Go paddleboarding or horseriding along the beach.
2. Learn to play an instrument or to converse in a new language
3. Visit the Franz Josef Glacier or walk the Tongariro Crossing
4. Cook five new dishes from another country’s cuisine, you can find inspiration with our recipes here.
5. Get some friends together and get tickets to visit a World of Wearable Arts show (WOW).
6. Get au fait with an opera, symphony or a ballet
7. Pay off your credit card and save a lump sum by this time next year. See our finance features on saving more and getting finance savvy here.
8. Knit an item of clothing – and wear it at least once! See our Knit a Jumper in a Day feature here.
9. Be more active everyday – even at the office. See our guide to chair yoga at your desk!
10. Master a magic trick or learn a strategy game like chess
11. Visit Stewart Island, Cape Reinga or Great Barrier Island.
12. Cultivate an unlikely friendship. See the Good feature, The Art of Friendship here.
13. Sing to an audience – see www.good.net.nz/singing for our feature on singing for your health
14. Read five books from the BBC’s Big Read top 100 classics.
15. Set yourself a charity challenge, such as Live Below the line or Oxfam Trailwalker.