PRODUCED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH UKIWI
Care for your pearly whites while treating them to a sweet treat with ukiwi’s natural and colourful toothpaste.
Taking care of your teeth is up there with the most important parts of your daily self-care regime. Knowing your toothpaste is New Zealand-made and uses only natural ingredients just takes the cake – or macaron in this case. ukiwi’s new macaron collection of toothpaste is now available in New Zealand and it features three delightful flavours, including cherry, blueberry and kiwifruit.
ukiwi’s range of toothpaste is made in Hamilton, New Zealand, using only the best ingredients and plant extracts. When harvesting the ingredients for its toothpaste, ukiwi looked directly towards nature. It discovered a range of natural minerals and ingredients that are able to fight plaque and tooth decay just as well as the chemicals often used in traditional toothpastes. Propolis was one of the elements it discovered that it integrated into its recipe.
Derived from bees, propolis contains hundreds of polyphenols, which are antioxidants that help fight diseases. Propolis’ antibacterial nature makes it a great natural option to treat and clean wounds, and ukiwi has discovered that these antibacterial properties also make it effective for protecting teeth and gums. Bees use it to keep their hives clean, and when applied to human teeth, it can fight plaque, keeping teeth clean. Propolis is also safe for adults and children (six years plus), so kids can use ukiwi’s range, too.
To strengthen your teeth, ukiwi integrated the naturally occurring ingredient of micro-hydroxyapatite. Tooth enamel is nearly entirely made of micro-hydrocapatite anyway so the addition of this extra dose to the toothpaste means your body has an extra helping hand in replenishing tooth enamel that may be worn away over time. It can fill in small, pesky crevices in your teeth before bacteria gets in, halting tooth decay and strengthening tooth enamel all in one go.
There are no artificial sweeteners in ukiwi toothpaste to give them their great taste – it’s all xylitol. Xylitol is a natural sweetener derived from plants. As well as being a great natural sweetener, it also doubles as a great way to prevent cavities by reducing the amount of bacteria in your mouth, which can go on to cause tooth decay. None of the toothpastes in the ukiwi macaron range contain sugar, parabens, or tranexamic acid.
All of the natural ingredients used in ukiwi toothpaste make the range a great option for children and teenagers. It also helps that the toothpaste tubes themselves are vibrant and quirky, making them not only look good on the bathroom vanity, but they also appeal to young people. The flavours are also created with young people in mind.
ukiwi’s Top 10 tips for healthy teeth
1. Brush your teeth twice a day – morning and evening.
2. Floss every day – there are some great eco-friendly floss options out there.
3. Change your toothbrush three to four times per year (look for an eco-friendly bamboo toothbrush).
4. If you notice something out of the ordinary with your teeth, book in to see your dentist straight away.
5. And while we’re discussing dentists, try your best to visit a dentist at least once per year for a check-up.
6. Brush your teeth for two minutes. Make sure you brush up top, down the bottom, on the inside, on the outside, and right at the very back. A full mouth clean.
7. Make sure you gently brush your tongue to remove any plaque build-up that can lead to bad breath and other oral problems.
8. Drink more water as this can help wash away some of the nasties that can stick to your teeth after meals.
9. Be mindful of how often you consume acidic food and drink such as coffee, acidic fruits and tea. These can have a negative effect on your teeth so make sure you clean your teeth regularly if you often consume these items.
10. Integrate ukiwi’s macaron range of natural, New Zealand-made toothpaste into your daily oral hygiene regime.
Find out more about ukiwi here: nzskincareco.com/collections/ukiwi.