Dubbed the world’s friendliest walking festival, the Waiheke Walking Festival is about friendship, fun and getting out amongst nature, on one of the most beautiful islands in the world.
Now in its eleventh year, the 2020 Waiheke Walking Festival offers over 55 walks over 18 days, from November 11 to 29.
The walks vary to ensure all abilities and interests are catered for. The walks cover everything from photography, music, conservation, fitness, offer an opportunity to walk on private land, many are family-friendly, while some of the walks end up at Waiheke’s vineyards to allow participants to enjoy the local food and wine on offer.
Waiheke Walking Festival 2020 programme highlights:
- 9-Day Te Ara Hura 100km Walk
- Mindfulness in Whakanewha
- Brewers Loop
- ASTRONZ Night Sky Walk
- Awaawaroa Coastal Classic
- Oyster Inn with Josh Emett Oneroa Oyster and Bubbles Ramble
- Storytelling History Walk
- The Olives Walk – Onetangi Valley to Rangihoua
- Te Whau Peninsula Low Tide Exploring